cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP default route

sindan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a 3750 at a branch running EIGRP connected to two routers that both have configured:

access-list 1 deny   0.0.0.0

access-list 1 permit any

access-list 2 permit 0.0.0.0

access-list 2 deny   any

router eigrp 1
distribute-list 1 out FastEthernet0/0
distribute-list 2 in FastEthernet0/0

Due to this recently applied config the switch become unreachable from the outside and cannot ping anything. Everything connected to it works fine. I was able to remote into it from a switch behind it and noticed that the 3750 has no default route in the routing table. I do see a default route in the eigrp topology table. Please let me know if you have any idea how to make the switch learn a default route maintaining the existing configuration on the routers.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I believe a rough topology diagram with labeled interfaces would be great help to provide you a resolution.

Regards,

RS.

Is this the only interface in which there is an EIGRP neighbor (Fa0/0)? If so, then even if an EIGRP neighbor has a default route it's advertising, it's not going to get in the RIB, because it's blocked by the above access lists. You can however manually add a static route which would do the trick, for traffic that it does not know locally.

Hi, sorry for not making it clear initially, had to run... the above config belong to the routers and the interface fa0/0 was the outside interface of each router ....anyway checked today with TAC and was told there is a bug (CSCte69761) in the switch code (122-46.SE) that is fixed in a newer version (122-55.SE). That caused the switch only to have the default route in topology table but not into routing table. Workaround would be to issue a clear ip route...

Cheers,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card