Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp info question

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a managed router that's running eigrp. I'm also running eigrp using the same eigrp routing number e.g "router eigrp 1", I'd like to know what routes they are holding in their cofiguration, is there a way to find this out? given that I don't have access to the router itself. I'm thinking of the lines of debugging.

Thanks

Dan

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan

EIGRP will advertise to its neighbors all the EIGRP routes that it is using. If you do the show ip eigrp topology command you should be able to find in the topology table all the routes the neighbor has advertised to you, whether you have put those routes into your routing table or not. This is the closest that I can think of a way to find what the neighbor has in their table without having at least user level access on the other router. Note that this will give you the EIGRP routes but not any static routes, BGP routes, etc.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

s.arunkumar
Level 3
Level 3

i think from topology table(sh ip eigrp topology all-link) u can get some info,but u need to work out more on it...

or as u mentioned reset the connection with neighbor by "clear ip eigrp neighbors "

and then a debugging by "debug eigrp fsm" or "debug eigrp packets update"

let hear from experts too.... :)

... arun :)

lgontarsk
Level 1
Level 1

Each router shows received eigrp advertisements in the eigrp topology table.... each router's topology table is specific to that router - unlike ospf where the entire spf tree is visible in each router within an area.

Show ip eigrp topo will show you the general database, and show ip eigrp topo will shows you detailed info about each entry in the topology table.

Of course knowing that doesn't help you too much, since you can only see each router's topo table by logging into that specific router. looks like you need access to the router in question.

Lisa G

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan

EIGRP will advertise to its neighbors all the EIGRP routes that it is using. If you do the show ip eigrp topology command you should be able to find in the topology table all the routes the neighbor has advertised to you, whether you have put those routes into your routing table or not. This is the closest that I can think of a way to find what the neighbor has in their table without having at least user level access on the other router. Note that this will give you the EIGRP routes but not any static routes, BGP routes, etc.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

s.arunkumar
Level 3
Level 3

i think from topology table(sh ip eigrp topology all-link) u can get some info,but u need to work out more on it...

or as u mentioned reset the connection with neighbor by "clear ip eigrp neighbors "

and then a debugging by "debug eigrp fsm" or "debug eigrp packets update"

let hear from experts too.... :)

... arun :)

Hi

Where can I enter the topology table command in? it doesn't show up in the auto complete listing?

Thanks

Dan

from the router priveleged level.

ourhostname#show ip eigrp topo

IP-EIGRP Topology Table for AS(1)/ID(172.31.255.69)

Codes: P - Passive, A - Active, U - Update, Q - Query, R - Reply,

r - reply Status, s - sia Status

P 66.174.226.12/30, 2 successors, FD is 310556416

Dan

You can enter the command show ip eigrp topology detail at the command prompt. It is available in user mode and in privilege mode.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

lgontarsk
Level 1
Level 1

Each router shows received eigrp advertisements in the eigrp topology table.... each router's topology table is specific to that router - unlike ospf where the entire spf tree is visible in each router within an area.

Show ip eigrp topo will show you the general database, and show ip eigrp topo will shows you detailed info about each entry in the topology table.

Of course knowing that doesn't help you too much, since you can only see each router's topo table by logging into that specific router. looks like you need access to the router in question.

Lisa G

"show ip eigrp topology" will only give the routes which are selected as successors and feasible successors;those which have not met feasible condition will also be there in topology table,which can be viewed with "show ip eigrp topology all-link" .Since you have to find possible routes entry present in your neighbor ,i think this cmd will be more helpful than,"sh ip eigrp topology".

...... arun :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card