cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP PAssive interface?

ahmad82pkn
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, i am Trying to disable EIGRP on interface, but its not working. can any one help , if i am missing any thing?

Diagram is attached.

what happening is , i only want EIGRP neighbor to form between CORE 1 and CORE2 via direct trunk cable.

But EIGRP is forming neighbor via Tail switch between CORE1 and CORE2, so tail switch is acting as transit.

If i disable port connected to tail switch on Either CORE switch then EIGRP neighbor forms between Two CORE switch on direct trunk cable.

Please guide me how to form EIGRP neighbor between my CORE 1 and CORE2 on its direct trunk cable, topology attached as well.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

what happens when you try this command under EIGRP?

passive-interface FastEthernet0/10

HTH

dslice
Level 1
Level 1

Do you want to advertise the prefix the tail switch is on but not form neighbors across that link, or not even advertise the prefix of the tail switch? If advertise but no peers, passive interface is the answer, as already suggested. If you don't even want to advertise that prefix as well as stop peer formation, use specific network statements with mask to only include the core links under EIGRP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Reza & Donald,

Thank you for your valuable time, When i do passive interface on trunk port 10 of CORE switch connected to Tail switch, it still make EIGRP neighbor relationship.  Whereas i only wanted neighbor relationship on direct link port number 2 between TWO CORE switches, Problem was  if trunk cable(10) connected to Tail switch bounces EIGRP Flaps.

so what i did, i did passive interface on Vlan 300. Thats caused EIGRP neighbor not to form on any interface, that is Trunk between CORE switches + Trunk between CORE and Tail,    since i wanted EIGRP neighbor between two CORE switches only, so i extended another cable between two CORE switches, take them in Routed mode, and made EIGRP neigbor on that to achieve my results.

Now Layer 2 HSRP will run on Layer 2 connections between TWO Core, and EIGRP will run on Layer 3 connection between Two Core which i added now.

i hope it dont cause any hiddne complexity in my bigger part of design, which i still have to complete:)

thanx again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card