Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

eigrp routes doesn't refresh when neighbor down

hi guys, need some tips for troubleshooting an ongoing issue, but can't do the changes anymore untill next call and yes the issue is still ongoing.

WAN1 <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> WAN2

|                                                                                                                                       |  

metro ethernet ME-3600X-A  <----> ME-3600X-B  <----->  ME-3600X-C<----> c3560v2

I have 3 metro ethernet switches and a c3560v2 switch connected as above. The WAN1 redistributes all routes to ME-3600X-A's eigrp and WAN2 redistributes all routes to c3560v2 's eigrp and these two propagates all their eigrp routes to ME-3600X-B and ME-3600X-C  which are in the same eigrp AS. And all link/connections are point-to-point.

Now, when the link between ME-3600X-B  <----> ME-3600X-C is physically disconnected, the ME-3600X-C's eigrp still points the route(s) to the ME-3600X-B's p2p ip as its next-hop - which is down(neighborship between them goes down, but still the routes doesn't refresh/rebuild). However, switch c3560v2 has route to the same network learnt from WAN2.

Wonder why, need inputs please? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies