Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Enable all 4 10G ports on WS-X45-Sup7-e

Hello,

How do I enable ports 3 and 4 on this supervisor module?  I can only get ports 1 and 2 to work by default.  I have a standby Supervisor in SSO mode.  I'm running IOS 15.0.2SG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Since you are using the sups in redundant mode (SSO), you can only use the first 2 ports on each sup and not all 4 ports.

In redundant mode, the Catalyst 4507R or 4510R  chassis are deployed with dual Sup7-E supervisor modules in a redundant  configuration. Port group 2 becomes automatically inactive on both  supervisor modules when the Catalyst 4500E system detects redundant  modules installed in the chassis.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1.0/BN_Campus_Technologies.html#wp1228027

HTH

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Since you are using the sups in redundant mode (SSO), you can only use the first 2 ports on each sup and not all 4 ports.

In redundant mode, the Catalyst 4507R or 4510R  chassis are deployed with dual Sup7-E supervisor modules in a redundant  configuration. Port group 2 becomes automatically inactive on both  supervisor modules when the Catalyst 4500E system detects redundant  modules installed in the chassis.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1.0/BN_Campus_Technologies.html#wp1228027

HTH

Thanks Reza!  That's great information.

Views
Helpful
Replies