cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enhanced PAgP

abeid
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me out which devices support Enhanced PAgP. As i need Enhanced PAgP in VSS for dual-active scenario detection.

11 Replies 11

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Followwing model supports VSS with Enhanced PagP

Model Number Description

WS-C6503-E E-Series 3-slot chassis

WS-C6504-E E-Series 4-slot chassis

WS-C6506 6-slot chassis

WS-C6506-E E-Series 6-slot chassis

WS-C6509 9-slot chassis

WS-C6509-E E-Series 9-slot chassis

WS-C6509-NEB-A 9-slot vertical Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS) chassis

WS-C6509-V-E E-Series 9-slot vertical chassis

WS-C6513 13-slot chassis

HTH...rate if helpful...

Hi Satish that really helped me , But i have 6509-E Series switch in the Core and i want a switch which supports Enhanced PAgP in the Distribution Layer.

Hi Abeid,

I found only above listed devices which supports Enhanced PagP.

It looks like you don't have any of above switches in distribution layer..

But Pagp runs on only above mentioned switches..

Hi Satish,

We have 2960, 3750 switches in the distribution layer. Will they support if i upgrade the image ? Can you provide me the link where you have found that the devices u mentioned are supporting E-PAgP ?

Thanks for the help Satish. Yeah i know but i am just enabling an Etherchannel with Enhanced PAgP on the distribution layer and it doesnt need to be in VSS. We are enabling VSS on the core layer.

I should have searched a bit more..

:)

Hi,

you have to upgrade to version 12.2(46)SE

in order to support Enhanced pagp, once enabled the 3750 will be able to serve as a client for dual-active detection.

Hi Samer I have VSS running on my Choke's Data Center which are connected to my Core’s 65009-E too PAgP is working apparently good on my L3 port-channels but problem is when I have Dual-Active situation for some reason when both get active roll start to have OSPF process ID issues

Any idea or recommendation?

Thanks

37xx does not support Enhanced Pagp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco