Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Router for small business

jefferybjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need a few suggestions on a enterprise class router (customer request) for a small office (about 10 users and growing).

I have a client that has about 10 users an looking for a modular router that will take Eth as WAn handoff, and be able to act as a Wireless Lan controller? So far I was thinking of a 2900 series with the NME-AIR-WLC6-K9. However I also understand that the new 3850 can do wireless?

they have abhout 10 yousers and will have 2 AP's of which will be connected all through the router an a POE enabled switch. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas. I was looking at some of the 800 series models as well as some of the 1920 series. Any help and experiences would be great.

Many Thanks

Jeff

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately none of the Small Business routers have WLC capabilities and all of the routers you inquire about are considered "Enterprise" devices and therefore I suggest to inquire about this on the "LAN, Routing and Switching" support community;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching

You may also move this post over using the 'Actions" panel on the top right corner of this window.  Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card