cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Erase VTP Config on VS-S720-10G

drhague
Level 1
Level 1

I know the VTP config can be erased on most Cisco switches simply be deleting VLAN.DAT. I would like to do this on the VS-S720-10G. I see VLAN.DAT in the const_nvram: file system, but I can't delete it. Does anyone know how to toast the VTP config on a VS-S720-10G, i,e,. return it to factory default?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

VLAN.DAT is the file that contains your VLANs. VTP is VLAN Trunking Protocol. Are you looking to remove your VLANs or disable VTP?

I want to remove all my VLANs, NULL the VTP domain name, and set VTP mode to SERVER. This can all be accomplished on a 3750 by simply deleting VLAN.DAT. I realize I can do a "no vlan 2-1000" and "vtp mode server" to accomplish most of this, but the VTP domain name can never be NULLed unless VLAN.DAT is removed.

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Does changing the VTP mode to transparent and then back again to client or server reset the database ? or does this just reset the revision number ? I cant remember.

That just resets the version number, the VLANs will remain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: