Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error auto command line appears in new switch boot. How can it be ?

I bought a new CISCO switch. It's new product in the Cisco product box.

But when I boot it first, unknown command line appears.(see attached screenshots)

1. Is it normal new product or used product ?

2. I heard the answer from the seller. He said ' When making product in cisco company(factory),

they test the product in the end of the process, so it's normal situation

and the command line is maked at that time '

But I cannot believe the seller's answer. Is it true ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Hi

Hi

did it come brand new in a box ?

check the dir is there a config file in there can you post it  , if there is see if its complete you can see it with below whoc will display if there was a configuration saved to it  before

more flash:config.text

Sounds like they gave you a switch that was already configured or used somewhere and didn't wipe it properly

I have never seen a cisco switch come with any config like that new out of box

The config that you show in the screenshot though does like some form of auto macro config for a voice phone , but that would still need to be setup previously , it wouldn't be default set in config

So short answer is no , its not normal , I would check if there was config already on it in dir to see if any indication of config file  , if not change the ios you may be triggering a bug that's deploying a macro somehow  in that version

when it boots up finally is there config on the actual running-config ?

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Hi

Hi

did it come brand new in a box ?

check the dir is there a config file in there can you post it  , if there is see if its complete you can see it with below whoc will display if there was a configuration saved to it  before

more flash:config.text

Sounds like they gave you a switch that was already configured or used somewhere and didn't wipe it properly

I have never seen a cisco switch come with any config like that new out of box

The config that you show in the screenshot though does like some form of auto macro config for a voice phone , but that would still need to be setup previously , it wouldn't be default set in config

So short answer is no , its not normal , I would check if there was config already on it in dir to see if any indication of config file  , if not change the ios you may be triggering a bug that's deploying a macro somehow  in that version

when it boots up finally is there config on the actual running-config ?

Views
Helpful
Replies