cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error changing boot image on Nexus 3548 series -Note: system and kickstart bootvars are pointing to incompatible images

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

So I have a pair of 93000 Nexus switches.

One switch is pointed to and using the following fine:

kickstart variable = bootflash:/n3500-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.A8.9.bin              

system variable = bootflash:/n3500-uk9.6.0.2.A8.8.bin                           

I change and point to the same software and receive the following:

switch 1(config)# boot system bootflash:n3500-uk9.6.0.2.A8.8.bin                                                              
Performing image verification and compatibility check,please wait....                                                                
Note: system and kickstart bootvars are pointing to incompatible images                                                              
switch 1 (config)# boot system bootflash:n3500-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.A8.9.bin                                                    
Performing image verification and compatibility check,please wait....                                                                
Failed to configure bootvar system for sup-1: mismatch between actual image type and boot variable (0x4045001E)                      
Note: system and kickstart bootvars are pointing to incompatible images 

Any idea what is wrong guys?

4 Replies 4

Thanks yes I referred to this. SO why I a check I get:

Switch 1# sh install all impact system bootflash:n3500-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.A8.9.bin                                    
Installer is forced disruptive                                                                                                

Verifying image bootflash:/n3500-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.A7.2.bin for boot variable "kickstart".                                  
[########################################] 100% -- SUCCESS                                                                    

Verifying image bootflash:/n3500-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.A8.9.bin for boot variable "system".                                     
[#                                       ]   2% -- FAIL. Return code 0x4045001E (mismatch betw                                
een actual image type and boot variable).                                                                                     
Pre-upgrade check failed. Return code 0x40930011 (Image verification failed).     

I don't know why since there are no problems with the other switch.

Your post says 9300 but the image you are trying to load is for the 3000 series (n3500-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.A7.2.bin).

Which is correct?

HTH

Sorry I have too many issue right now (see other posts if interested :)

Good catch - correction the switches are 3548 series.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card