cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: Command is not mutually exclusive

junior.beatty
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 5548UP's and two 2248's.  This is a new install, but is in production.  Somehow working with conf t and conf sync something has gotten out of sync.  At least one port on the fex when I try to change the config I get the command is not mutually exclusive error.  I am going to stick with conf t and notepad for any config changes.  What I need to know is how can I resolve this apparent out of sync issue without having to take down either switch as this is in production and there are several ESX servers residing on the 5k's and the 2k's.  I have seen the command for deleting the switch profile just the profile only, but want to be sure that it won't cause any issues with the switch configs.

1 Reply 1

LA-Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can delete the switch profile.  Along with the command are options for just removing the switch profile without deleting the changes. You can issue this command on both 5Ks.

no switch-profile PROFILE profile-only local

I've had some issues with the buggy config-sync feature causing the switches to core.  I too, am just sticking with my notepad and 'conf t'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card