Views
Helpful
Replies

% Error: License installation failed with error: XML parsing failed

manish_3191
Level 1
Level 1

Hi SupportCommunity

I hope that you can help with this. I am having Cisco 3845 series router with c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin IOS . I want to install new Licence on it for DATA. When i am trying to install licence on it  i am facing the error "% Error: License installation failed with error: XML parsing failed".

9 Replies 9

Hi,

We also experincing the same error on a pre-installed CUE router.

CME:

"flash0:c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-1.T.bin"

Cisco IOS Software, C3900 Software (C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(1)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Cisco CISCO3945-CHASSIS (revision 1.0) with C3900-SPE150/K9 with 980992K/67584K bytes of memory.

CUE:

"flash0:c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-1.T.bin"

Cisco IOS Software, C3900 Software (C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(1)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Cisco CISCO3945-CHASSIS (revision 1.0) with C3900-SPE150/K9 with 980992K/67584K bytes of memory.

Any advise?

Best Regards

Hi SupportCommunity

I hope that you can help with this. I am having Cisco 3845 series router with c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin IOS . I want to install new Licence on it for DATA. When i am trying to install licence on it  i am facing the error "% Error: License installation failed with error: XML parsing failed

Hello ,

Check out the below link hope it helps !!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15143

Regards

Ganeshh Iyer

ON MY CASE WAS THE UDI as Mohit Grover said.

I call to cisco TAC and open a case, they request to me the PAK, the UDI, the serial number CUE and my login cisco acount. then they generate again the license with my correcte UDI and send to my email.

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This typically happens when the license file is generated with wrong UID. Get a new license files generated for your devices.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Correct::::

Make sure while generating license file, you enter correct Product ID & Serial Number.

CUE# show license udi

Device# PID                     SN                      UDI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*0      NME-CUE                 FOC19019XXX             NME-CUE:FOC19019XXX

-----------------------------------------------

Buenos dias,

Favor su ayuda, estoy tratando de instalar una licencia data en un router cisco 881 y me muestra el siguiente error: % Error: License installation failed with error: XML parsing failed

banred-avmiguelalcivargye#sh license udi
Device#   PID                   SN              UDI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*0        CISCO881-K9           FTX164085MG     CISCO881-K9:FTX164085MG

Favor su ayuda

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Any luck with new license files?

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

gbnetdom1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had the same issue and was solved unziping the file I recieved after registering the license at cisco.com.

After this, just copy the unziped .lic file to the router (copy tftp flash) and install the license (license install ).

Hope it could be of help;

Best Regards

please i have this same issues XML parsing failed pls cam some one show me how to unzip license file to enable install license in my cisco router 1941 pls  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card