Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error Message on 6509

Hello all,

I've been trying to research this error message that I received on my 6509 and I haven't been able to find it anywhere on Cisco's support documentation. I don't have access to the error message decoder so I am asking my fellow techies out there to lend a hand. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 3 is experiencing the following error: PINNACLE Pb transient parity error detected : ports - 1 2 3 4

Kindest Regards,

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Error Message on 6509

Hi Joseph :

what type of line card it is and what is the software version ? The above error means that there is a memory parity error experienced by this module ( putting simply , bit flip is occuring on this module where 0 might get flipped to 1 or 1 might get flipped to 0 ) . Is it serious , yes ? since it will result in data corruption. Typically , transient memory parity errors go away with a hard reboot ( removing and reinserting of the line card ) . Soft reset pf the line card wont take care of it. If the error continues to occur after OIR , replacing the line card will be a good idea.

Thanks

Salman.

Re: Error Message on 6509

Thank you very much. I wound up reseating the card. I believe we are on v12. But I will get an answer back to you on that. I will look at the error log again and get more specific information on the module. Again, thank you, you confirmed what I was thinking to the Nth degree. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies