cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error - Standby console disabled on new Sup 6E for 4500

sacpaul3111
Level 1
Level 1

I got 2 fiber connected to two core from this 4500 with two SUP. I am trying to console to standby sup and it says standby console disabled.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You Sups are in a redundant mode.  In redundant mode you only have access to the primary unless the primary fails.

You should configure everything from the primary and no need to worry about the stand-by Sup.  The config changes will be synced from the primary to stand-by Sup.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Are you running the Sups in redundant (SSO) mode?

Reza

RPR

Thanks

SACHIN PAUL

RPR

Thanks for your reply. I see the below error when i try to console.

Switch-standby>en
Standby console disabled.
Valid commands are: exit, logout

Do i need to enable the standby console from config-r mc? Why the new SUPs are not default console enabled?

You Sups are in a redundant mode.  In redundant mode you only have access to the primary unless the primary fails.

You should configure everything from the primary and no need to worry about the stand-by Sup.  The config changes will be synced from the primary to stand-by Sup.

HTH

Reza

That makes sense. But how i am going to configure one of the uplink port on my standby SUP?

From the primary.

I will test quick. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card