Views
Helpful
Replies

ESW-520-24P not passing DHCP requests from AP1141

noelpulis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client with the following setup.

Cisco Small Business Switch POE ESW-520-24P with a Wireless Access Point Cisco Aironet AP1141. Both the devices are upgraded to the latest firmware.

Connected to the ESW-520-24P is a Windows 2008 SBS 2011 with DCHP and Domain Controller. Along with the server I have a number of wired computers connected to the switch which do not have any issues and connect to the DHCP server without any problems.

When connecting two wireless devices to the AP1141, they get the IP address and DHCP from the server; but when connecting other devices apart the first two they will fail to connect to the DHCP server and do not get any IP Address. They manage to connect to the Wireless access point but they cannot contact the DHCP server.

I have double checked the configuration and took the AP1141 to my office. The AP worked like a charm with 10 devices. When I returned to the client, the issue occured again.

I have tried changing the port security settings on the ESQ-520-24P to 'unlock' but it didn't work.

A workaround to the issue was to connect the AP1141 directly to the router using a power adapter and skipping the switch.

I couldn't figure out why the switch is not working wit the AP1141 and don't know if there is the possiblity of incompatibility between the two devices. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

17 Replies 17

Happy Christmas...

noelpulis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fabio,

First of all happy new year to all. I just went to the client and it worked like a charm. You have solved my issue and I thank you for your interest in my problem.

Sorry it took long to reply but I was sick and the client was closed due to Christmas holidays.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Happy new year to you, the important is the problem is solved :-)

check this task as solved for other users utility.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card