Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ether Channel Problem Cat OS

I am having problems establishing an ether channel between a 6504 dist-sw and a 6509 acc-sw. The etherchannel at each end was configured as desirable silent, all other required settings match. I already have a number of etherchannels formed between the dist-sw and other acc-sw's configured the same. If I select different ports on the 24 port gig sfp ( ports 18 and 19)blade than the two Im having problems with(port 16 and 17)joining together the etherchannel comes up no problem. Its seems as though this is some type of a restriction as far as the number of ether channels you can have on one blade or which ports you select on the blade to etherchannel. I dont think its a faulty port problem as I have the same problem on the adjacnet distribution switch (Two distribution switches). Has anybody else run into this problem before?

Andy

2 REPLIES

Re: Ether Channel Problem Cat OS

Hi Andy, I agree with your statement ports not being faulty , it seems you have covered all the angles, however, I have run into similar issues and found that etherchannel groups numbers somtimes would not match and channels would not form, I had to forced the group numbering for it to come up, have you check into forcing or even giving a unique group number see if that makes a difference and also clear ports of any previous config with "set port host ", if you have already try this , then, I would look into the gig blades hardware and software code information you to see if there is some type of bugs/restrictions.

Rgds

Jorge

Re: Ether Channel Problem Cat OS

Jorge

Thankyou for your response, I will try what you suggested and let you know the result.

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies