Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel between 2960 switches

mudasir05
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I configured etherchannel between two 2960 switches.

Both the switches have SVI with subnet 192.168.2.3 and 192.168.2.4

I have another vlan3 on one of the switch.

so when i created etherchannel between two Gig ports and allowed both the vlans,it gave me an error messg,

Nov  3 12:41:07.332 KSA: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi1/0/19 is not compatible with Gi1/0/20 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
Nov  3 12:41:07.339 KSA: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi1/0/19 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
Nov  3 12:41:07.339 KSA: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi1/0/19 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
Nov  3 12:41:07.339 KSA: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi1/0/20 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan m

May i know why....

Thanks

3 Replies 3

brkinbenj
Level 1
Level 1

This usually happens when there is a configuration mismatch on the 2 ports you are assigning to the etherchannel.

Try removing all commands from the interfaces except the etherchannel commands and put the allowed vlan command on the port channel instead

Hello Mudasir

This will be a problem of allowed vlan mismatch. All the interfaces which are going to add in the etherchannel must have same allowed vlan on both sides.

You can check for the allowed vlan on all the interfaces as well as on Port-channel.

You can see the below forum having the same problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9757346/etherchannel-prob

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hello

Can you post the config of the physical interfaces in the PC and of the PC itself.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card