Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Etherchannel between Cat 3750G and old Cat 5509

Hi,

I'm trying to create a two-port channel (thought is to get more 200MB bandwidth) between a new 3750G and our old Cat 5509.

I've set channel on for 2 ports on the 5509 (and set them each to 100/full duplex). That seems OK. I can't now enable channeling on the 3750. I'm using Network Assistant > create a channel between two ports, select Mode to On (also tried auto) and get the following error when I Apply:

"Gi1/0/48 operational trunk mode Down and Gi1/0/47 operational trunk mode is Static Access."

I only have Gi1/0/47 physically connected at the mo; fearful of connecting /48 other without the channel being enabled.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Etherchannel between Cat 3750G and old Cat 5509

Hi Dominic.

It is possible to create a Ether Channel between these switches. I had some FEC between Cat 6K/3750 and Cat 5K that was working very fine.

At first, re-check your settings on the ports, because maybe you have a problem with the native VLAN on the Cat 5K. Remember: the native VLAN, trunk encapsulation, STP mode, and the operational mode on the Ether Channel must be exactly the same on all ports.

I hope it helps.

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies