Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel between LX and SX

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I would like to ask, if anybody have any experiance with building etherchannel between SX and LX links.

Is it technically possible? What disadvantages come with this solution?

Thank in advance for any help.

4 Replies 4

Sureshdank
Level 1
Level 1

lukas,

According to me you can configure ethernchannel between the ports of similar speed i.e. FE to FE or GE to GE. But still you can go through the below link.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

HTH

Regards,

Suresh

Thx Suresh

I have just spoken with CISCO and they have confirmed, that there is no problem with such configuration.

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The issue here is not the etherchannel itself but the SX-LX connection. While the SX modules are intended for the multimode fiber with the wavelength of 850nm, the LX modules use 1300 nm wavelength and are designed primarily for the singlemode fiber. For the LX usage via multimode fiber you will need so called mode-conditioning patch.

Also please do not forget to calculate the optical power budgets.

Ie. before going for etherchannel it is advisable to test the SX-LX link.

Best regards,

Antonin

Hello

I believe you misunderstood my question. I would like to create etherchanel containing 2 link. One is SX-SX (because is approximately 500m long) and the other one is LX-LX (because is longer than 500m).

But anyway thx for the answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card