Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

etherchannel ports dropping need to disable negotion on HP

I have set up a cisco switch (3650G) to perform etherchannel on two ports connected to a HP Prolient server. I followed the instructions, as per cisco, the ports keep dropping or flapping. I opened a TAC case and my engineer told me to hard code the nics or team not to negociate on the etherchannel. Someone have a doc on this? I've been trying to get a response from the vendor and it seems to be taking a while.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: etherchannel ports dropping need to disable negotion on HP

Hello Jason,

on etherchannel's member links use

channel-group x mode on

so that negotiation is disabled

EtherChannel On Mode

EtherChannel on mode can be used to manually configure an EtherChannel. The on mode forces a port to join an EtherChannel without negotiations. The on mode can be useful if the remote device does not support PAgP or LACP. In the on mode, a usable EtherChannel exists only when the switches at both ends of the link are configured in the on mode.

Ports that are configured in the on mode in the same channel group must have compatible port characteristics, such as speed and duplex. Ports that are not compatible are suspended, even though they are configured in the on mode.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1275725

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content