Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EtherChannel problem

I'm trying to Etherchannel in two ports 2/1-2 in WS-C2948G with Cisco 6509 both running CatOS. Everytime I configure ports on 2948 to channe-mode desirable silent but it always show up as non-silent and therefore doesn't bind in the Etherchannel. Can someone point me what I could be doing wrong. here is the config on the ports

set port speed 2/1-2 100

set port duplex 2/1-2 full

set trunk 2/1 desirable dot1q 1-1005,1025-4094

set trunk 2/2 desirable dot1q 1-1005,1025-4094

set spantree portfast 2/1-2 disable

set spantree bpdu-guard 2/1-2 disable

set port channel 2/1-2 mode desirable non-silent

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: EtherChannel problem

Nawas:

From my understanding, a port that generates traffic, like STP BPDUs, is non-silent, not silent. That is why the switch keeps defaulting to non-silent.

You are running STP, right?

By the way, are all the swich ports configured with the same speed and duplex settings and allowing the same vlan ranges - on both switches?

HTH

Victor

Purple

Re: EtherChannel problem

Usually in the logs when you negotiate the channels it will tell you why it did not bind them . Config looks correct just make sure the native vlan matches on both sides whether it is vlan 1 or whatever you decide you want it to be . Whats the 6509 side config look like ? What vlan do all the ports default to when not trunking (native vlan) , make sure they match on all ports in the channel .

Views
Helpful
Replies