Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel.

Anukalp S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to configure etherchannel between 3750 stacked switch & a 3560G switch. Can you  pls confirm if this is possible and what protocol(PagP or LACP) should i use to configure this.

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Yes, it should be doable.

I would recommend using LACP over PagP.

Thanks Joseph..

I would run LACP. Could you also confirm that it should be Active-Active or Active-passive.

If it should be Active-Passive then which side should have active and which side passive.

I am running 3750stack as core L3 switch & 3560 as distribution switch.

I'll assume you have two 3750 in your L3 stack and one 3560 in your distribution layer. I'll also assume you have to take one interface from each switch and put it in the Etherchannel.

I'd suggest you create a multichassis Etherchannel, where :

- you take one interface from 3750_A and one interface from 3750_B. You put them under Po1

- you take one interface from your 3560 and put it under Po2

As for LACP mode, I'd suggest you configure "Active" at the core layer and let it negotiate the bundle. At the distribution layer, "Active" or "Passive" does not matter then.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card