cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannels and throughput

SpongeRob
Level 1
Level 1

I've read that certain 6500 modules have restrictions with regards to total throughput because of the 1gb port ASIC.  Do any of these limitations exist on the 3750/3560 switches?  That is, if I create an 8gb channel can I expect 8bg throughput?

Thanks for your consideration -                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

For 3750-X or 3560-X Series

The EtherChannel provides full-duplex bandwidth up  to 8 Gb/s (Gigabit EtherChannel) or 80 Gb/s (10-Gigabit EtherChannel)  between your switch and another switch or host.

For 3750 G or 3560 G Series

The EtherChannel provides full-duplex bandwidth up  to 800 Mb/s (Fast EtherChannel) or 8 Gb/s (Gigabit EtherChannel)  between your switch and another switch or host. Each EtherChannel can  consist of up to eight compatibly configured Ethernet ports.

But there is no guaranteed throughput as far as i know.

Please do rate if the given information helps.

By

Karthik

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Original series or -E or -X series?  For 3750s, Etherchannel limited to ports on same switch?

The original series doesn't always guarantee wire-speed for all port, both across the switch fabric and the published PPS rate.

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

For 3750-X or 3560-X Series

The EtherChannel provides full-duplex bandwidth up  to 8 Gb/s (Gigabit EtherChannel) or 80 Gb/s (10-Gigabit EtherChannel)  between your switch and another switch or host.

For 3750 G or 3560 G Series

The EtherChannel provides full-duplex bandwidth up  to 800 Mb/s (Fast EtherChannel) or 8 Gb/s (Gigabit EtherChannel)  between your switch and another switch or host. Each EtherChannel can  consist of up to eight compatibly configured Ethernet ports.

But there is no guaranteed throughput as far as i know.

Please do rate if the given information helps.

By

Karthik

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card