Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherswitch and Intervlan routing

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys:

I'm having some trouble with a 2811 and a NM-16ESW. I just configured an interface vlan with its ip address. After that, I placed all the 16 pots of the etherswitch on the same vlan. However, I can't ping this int vlan from the PCs connected to the etherswitch. Is there any other thing I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

albertceas
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Please check if interface vlan was added on vlan database.

regards,

albert

Hi Albert thanks for posting:

I did entered vlan database and created the vlan that i am using "vlan 2 media ethernet". However, when I enter the comand "show vlans" it says none is configured. But if I enter the command "show switch-vlan" it does show me the ports configured in vlan 2.

Any word on this? Should i add the vlans in some other way? I can't make the communication between the etherswitch ports and the interface vlan.

thanks again

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

try to give command vlan 2 in global config mode. If it does not work then go to vlan database & then say vlan 2 it will create the vlan & then you can define interface vlan 2 to define the IP for that vlan.

If it helps, do rate it.

Ninja

Hi there

I already did that. Vlan 2 was created. But i just found the problem: in the interface vlan i used the command: "bridge-group 1" I needed it for DLSw. But for some reason it won't work if there are IP hosts in that vlan.

If i delete the bridge command, it would work just fine.

thanks for the reply anyways, now im looking for a way to use DLSw and IP connectivity with etherswitch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card