Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Etherswitch and Intervlan routing

Hi guys:

I'm having some trouble with a 2811 and a NM-16ESW. I just configured an interface vlan with its ip address. After that, I placed all the 16 pots of the etherswitch on the same vlan. However, I can't ping this int vlan from the PCs connected to the etherswitch. Is there any other thing I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES

Re: Etherswitch and Intervlan routing

hi,

Please check if interface vlan was added on vlan database.

regards,

albert

Hi Albert thanks for posting:

I did entered vlan database and created the vlan that i am using "vlan 2 media ethernet". However, when I enter the comand "show vlans" it says none is configured. But if I enter the command "show switch-vlan" it does show me the ports configured in vlan 2.

Any word on this? Should i add the vlans in some other way? I can't make the communication between the etherswitch ports and the interface vlan.

thanks again

try to give command vlan 2 in global config mode. If it does not work then go to vlan database & then say vlan 2 it will create the vlan & then you can define interface vlan 2 to define the IP for that vlan.

If it helps, do rate it.

Ninja

Hi there

I already did that. Vlan 2 was created. But i just found the problem: in the interface vlan i used the command: "bridge-group 1" I needed it for DLSw. But for some reason it won't work if there are IP hosts in that vlan.

If i delete the bridge command, it would work just fine.

thanks for the reply anyways, now im looking for a way to use DLSw and IP connectivity with etherswitch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content