Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX SFP

hello,

Does the Cisco 3750G support the 1000BASE-EX (GLC-EX-SMD)SFP.

Thanks and regards,

Anas

5 REPLIES

Re: EX SFP

I just want to update description about the network I have:

I have two sites connected using MPLS line terminated as a fiber and provided by the Telco.

(Site-A)3750G-LX-SFP----LX(provider)--(Provider)LX----LX-SFP-3750G(site-B),

In site B I noticed there are packet losses, after further investigation the provider advised that the distance between site B and the local exchange of the provider is around 12KM, the provider advised to change the SFP to be EX instead LX.

I want to know if the EX SFP is supported by the C3750G, please note that the provider is using Alcatel switches.

Thanks and regards,

Super Bronze

Not listed as supported for the 3750 or 3750-E series. (Is listed for 3750 Metro Series.) See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp129434 (Also didn't see it listed in the release notes for the latest 3750 IOS.)

I just want to update description about the network I have:

I have two sites connected using MPLS line terminated as a fiber and provided by the Telco.

(Site-A)3750G-LX-SFP----LX(provider)--(Provider)LX----LX-SFP-3750G(site-B),

In site B I noticed there are packet losses, after further investigation the provider advised that the distance between site B and the local exchange of the provider is around 12KM, the provider advised to change the SFP to be EX instead LX.

I want to know if the EX SFP is supported by the C3750G, please note that the provider is using Alcatel switches.

Thanks and regards,

Super Bronze

From my prior post, it appears GLC-EX-SMD isn't supported but perhaps a GLC-ZX-SM would solve the issue too.

[edit]

PS:

The minimum cable distance for the WS-G5484 or GLC-SX-MM and WS-G5486 or GLC-LH-SM (multimode fiber [MMF] and single-mode fiber [SMF]) is 6.5 feet (2 m), and the minimum link distance for the WS-G5487 or GLC-ZX-SM is 6.2 miles (10 km) with an 8-dB attenuator installed at each end of the link. Without attenuators, the minimum link distance for the WS-G5487 or GLC-ZX-SM is 24.9 miles (40 km).

Super Bronze

BTW, I see you rated my post at about the same time I added the postscript. This note is to bring your attention to the postscript, and need for attenuator, for 12 km (in case you did miss the addendum).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content