Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

exam questions - layer 2 security

Hi all

I failed the switch exam yesterday only by 2 questions!! obviously not happy but hey, not to give up.

The area i did poorly "implement a security extension of a layer 2 solution" what does this mean, which areas ?

One question was asking about a scenrio to only allow access to a server from a particular vlan, I tried applying an acl to the vlan by applying the ip access group command on the vlan but it wouldnt take it, so I created a vlan filter instead. Is this on the right track? and also with regards to the questions, are the simulations weighted? ie if I get some of it right will I get any points, or do you need to complete the whole lot?

I wasnt happy with the wording of some of the questions, they tried to trick you on the drag and drops I feel!!

Carl

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: exam questions - layer 2 security

Don't know why it would not

take the ACL on the SVI , doesn't sound right.  Welcome to cisco tests , a lot of  the questions are very vague and worded so you can easily get them wrong even if you know the answer .

Re: exam questions - layer 2 security

Could they have been looking to configure a Private Vlan type senerio?

Yes they do give partial credit for config questions if you get parts correct, it is not an all or nothing.

I am taking my test in 10 day....little nevous.

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies