cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend Guest Vlan to other Sites

npagadua69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a 4 locations and currently running layer 3 links across the sites. i have my pix firewall connected to a 6509 switch and both of these boxes are located in the main office. The PIX (525) has three interfaces, 1 int-Public, 1-int inside, 1-int-guest. I built a layer 2 vlan on the 6509 and this cross-connect directly to the PIX guest Int. Any users that are on this Guest Vlan gets to the internet fine and no visibility to my internal network. I would like to extend this to my other sites. Is anybody out there currently have this setup? if so, how should i configure my other sites to point directly to this guest vlan through the main office. please advise

3 Replies 3

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

DMZ interface is Guestinterface.NAT the ip address of a DMZ interface to an public ip address so that the remote sites could use the public ip address.

Yongbing WU
Level 1
Level 1

L2TPv3 should work for you if your router/switch support the feature. Basically the L2TPv3 can carry L2 over IP network.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Bill.

npagadua69
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks and will do more research on L2TPv3. if you have any good links on L2TPv3 would be helpful.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card