Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Extending the LAN using Cisco 880 over 1 twisted-pair??

Hi All,

I already know that there is an option using Patton Copper Link Ethernet extender to interconnect a remote LAN with this device. Do you know if this is possible using Cisco 888-K9 or any other Cisco Device?

thanks in advance

AJ

Everyone's tags (6)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Can you be more specific?  What are you trying to do and how far are you trying to "drag" the unit to?  I believe a link "extender" is just a simple wired repeater.  It's like a hub or a switch.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Can you be more specific?  What are you trying to do and how far are you trying to "drag" the unit to?  I believe a link "extender" is just a simple wired repeater.  It's like a hub or a switch.

Thanks leolaohoo for answering,

Unfortunately, Cisco is no more providing LAN extended solutions and 880 devices require using TELCO infrastructure. So, I will close this post.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content