Views
Helpful
Replies

Facing issue with POE for WS-X4648-RJ45V+E module on 4500

vinod.mali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

My peo module  WS-X4648-RJ45V+E i on 4506 is getting faulty i.e  the desktops are getting connected but the module is not able to deliver power to the ip phone.

I tried and replaced the module  but it worked for  some time and again got faulty.This way my three modules have gone faulty even I tried and changed the slot but no results.

I am not able to trace out whether this issue is with some phones connected on the moudle.

thing is the show power commands o/p seems to be normal, once the power over limit logs are getting generated prior to the failure of POe on the module.

19 Replies 19

vinitkale123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for response.Will be doing the hardware reset and let u know the status.

canunal14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I face with the same problem on 4510-R-E backbone.Does hw-module module 3 reset command  fix the issue? 

In my case I had to replace the module. The fix is temporary with that command. After about a week or two I was back to the same issue after the reset and reseat.

The reset and reseat activity, fixes the issue temporarily, but it does again repeats, even after replacing the module, the issue does reoccur, what is analyzed in my issue was the over  dragging of power by the attached devices.  eg: phones, AP etc…so what I did was instead of auto power assignment, I manually assigned the power settings on the ports as per requirements of the end devices…this resolved the issue in a large extend…… failure rate was reduce drastically.  

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4

This is a known issue with 4500-E with WS-X4648 modules. We encountered this problem several times after we upgraded all our switches to 4500E and 4648s. Cisco's recommendation is to upgrade to 3.3.2SG and above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card