cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast hello OSPF support between 6500 and Nexus 7000

graham.moore
Level 1
Level 1

I am replacing our 6500's with Nexus 7000's and have come across a problem when trying to create an OSPF connection between the 6500 and Nexus 7000.

The layer 3 interfaces on the 6500 use OSPF fast hellos for faster failover, using the following:

ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 4

However, on the Nexus 7000 side, there is not an equivalent command, only:

ip ospf dead-interval 1

I cannot confiure the hello-multiplier on the Nexus 7000 OSPF neighbor and these two values need to match to establish the OSPF adjacency.

I do not want to change the 'ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 4' command on the 6500, as this is our exsiting configuration on our production network and it will make a simplier cutover to leave it.

So, what is the equivalent on the Nexus 7000 to 'ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 4'?

Regards,

Graham

1 Reply 1

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I dont think it's supported. If you put anything more agressive than the default 10 seconds hello, Cisco will no longer support ISSU on your 7000. Also, a too agressive timer will detect a failure of the supervisor engine without giving the system time to switchover to the other one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco