Views
Helpful
Replies

FET work with B22 HP

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to connect a c7000, B22HP card to our 5548s. Can I use FET SFPs on the c7000 side and the 5548 side?

Thank you

I found this document a little unclear - this is what I referenced.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-b22-blade-fabric-extender/data_sheet_c78-685265.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pat,

It should not be an issue in using FET with the B22 series. Just make sure to use FET on both sides of the connection.

HTH

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pat,

FET only works between FEXs and the parent switches (7k, 6k, 5ks, etc..) and not between parent switches or parent switches to other vendors.

HTH

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can’t use FET’s for anything but connections to Cisco NX7K, NX5K, NX2K

• Supported for fabric links only (Cisco Nexus 2000 Series to Cisco parent switch)
  • Cisco Fabric Extender Transceiver must be connected to another Cisco Fabric Extender Transceiver
  • Supported on Cisco Nexus 2200 platform uplinks
  • Supported on Cisco Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 Series Switch fabric link

So, I must use Standard 10GBASE-KR on the B22HP  side and FET-10G the 5548 side? Of must I use

The same on both? And if the same, what should I use on both sides? Not sure what the documentation is trying to tell us.

From what I understand the B22HP is supposed to look like a FEX from the 5548s side?

This is why I was thinking it might use a FET module.

Thank you.

Sorry for this but, I should clarify that the device is an N2K - B22HP - P V01

Thank you

Look at this sample from doc I attached

Thanks

Source

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-b22-blade-fabric-extender/data_sheet_c78-685265.pdf

Here also - Thanks

Pat,

It should not be an issue in using FET with the B22 series. Just make sure to use FET on both sides of the connection.

HTH

Thanks Reza

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card