Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FEX 2232 pure Layer 3 interfaces ?

Hi All

I see that the fex interfaces supports "no switchport" command.. I dont see any document saying that it supports pure layer 3 ? We basically have the M148 module on a N7K, and want to replace it with a FEX 2232 connected to the same 7K (for freeing up this module and use M224 or F248 instead in that slot)...

As of today we have only a few connections on M148, but few of those are layer 3 1 Gig interfaces. Can  I move them to 2232 and still have the same functionality when working with N7K?

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Raj

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would look at this to see if it answers your question,  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/sw/configuration/guide/rel_6_2/b_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_NX-OS_Fabric_Extender_Software_Configuration_Guide_Release_6-x/b_Configuring_the_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_Fabric_Extender_rel_6_2_chapter_010.html#reference_E9C2D0CE06DB4289A543623C3E60B76D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card