Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fiber Module Question

Good morning all,

I am preparing to run some single mode fiber in between some of our main office buildings. I need to connect a 4507 in one building to a 4510 in the other building. And in the same two buildings I need to connect a 9134 SAN switch to another 9134 SAN switch in the other building.

My question is this. I know that for the 45XX connection I need two X2-10GB-LR fiber modules in each switch and I think that the 9134's require the X2-FC10GB-LR module for their connectivity. Is that correct? Are they two different modules?

I appreciate your time and any help very much.

Thanks,

Robert Isaacs

1 REPLY

Re: Fiber Module Question

Good morning all,

I am preparing to run some single mode fiber in between some of our main office buildings. I need to connect a 4507 in one building to a 4510 in the other building. And in the same two buildings I need to connect a 9134 SAN switch to another 9134 SAN switch in the other building.

My question is this. I know that for the 45XX connection I need two X2-10GB-LR fiber modules in each switch and I think that the 9134's require the X2-FC10GB-LR module for their connectivity. Is that correct? Are they two different modules?

I appreciate your time and any help very much.

Thanks,

Robert Isaacs

Robert,

The Cisco 10GBASE-LR Module supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652).you can use for long distance connectivity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2710/ps5494/product_data_sheet0900aecd802109ea.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6574/product_data_sheet0900aecd801f92aa_ps5251_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Views
Helpful
Replies