Helpful
Replies

fixed switch - on going ios update without smartnet

dahua.huang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Cisco forks.

We have a question regarding smartnet.

we purchased some ie3000 switches for our line without smartnet.

1. what is hardware warranty for this or any another cisco devices? we need clear our concern.

2. what about on going ios update?

and link or document for this?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

1.  Basic warranty 90days. Check the below link for more info..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_warranties_listing.html#~warranty_documents

2. Short answer - you do not get IOS upgrade/fixes. For more details on smartnet...

http://www.cisco.com/web/services/portfolio/product-technical-support/smartnet/index.html

hth

MS

for the hardware warranty that is easy understand.

but for ios. it is confusing.

this is what I find from cisco.com

from my understanding, I can get on-going ios upgrade for some certain level switch only without purchase.

for L3 or licensed software, yes, I need smartnet for on-going support.

are you from Cisco company?  and know the rules?

Q. Why should I purchase a technical service contract for these switches when they include a limited lifetime warranty (LLW)?

A. Cisco service and support has received numerous industry recognitions and awards for excellence in technology service and support.

Adding a Cisco Technical Services contract to warranty coverage provides access to the Cisco TAC beyond the 90-day period allowed by the LLW. It also can provide a variety of hardware replacement options to meet critical business needs, as well as updates for licensed premium Cisco IOS Software and registered access to the extensive Cisco.com knowledge base and support tools.

Q. Can I obtain a Cisco IOS Software updates for the Cisco Catalyst Series at no additional cost?

A. Yes. Cisco offers ongoing Cisco IOS Software updates for certain fixed-configuration and stackable Cisco Catalyst switches at no additional cost. For the life of the product, updates within the Cisco IOS Software package purchased (LAN Lite and LAN Base) will be made available.

Hi,

Iam not with Cisco.

I think certain low end models you get the OS upgrades, but if I remember correct 3000 is end of life.

As you want to hear from Cisco employee who knows the rules, pls wait for someone from Cisco to answer before making a decision :).

Thx

MS

I believe IE3000 (Industrial switch) has Limited Lifetime Warranty.  This covers for any failures you will have on your appliance.

However, if you need TAC Support or IOS download, then you are NOT covered unless you have basic SmartNET.

You can purchase SmartNET by going back to the vendor who sold you the switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card