Views
Helpful
Replies

Flapping port with Broadcom 57xx NIC

SDWorx_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We just started using new Dell optiplex 750 desktops. They have a broadcom 57xx gigabit NIC build in.

When attached to our 6509 chassis (running catos, and 10/100 blades)) the port flaps continuously. When the port on the switch side is set to 100/full the port stops flapping, but the port shows different kinds of error's. We have several 6509 chassis and the problem is visible on all the chassis. With the older Broadcom gigabit NIC's in IBM pc's all works fine.

Current version of the driver is 9.52.

Has anyone seen this problem?

I found a driver 9.82 on the broadcom site an will install this to check if this helps me out.

Enjoy the last day's of 2006 :-)

Regards,

Koen

3 Replies 3

dan-jones
Level 1
Level 1

Have you installed the BACS Control suite software to see if it can give you some client-side data on the issue?

Hi,

Yes I did, but all seems to be ok. Just the error's that I see on the switch port, are also visible on the NIC soft.

All other tests completed without error.

Regards

Koen

I suspect issue is speed/duplex mismatch.

please make sure that speed/duplex is set to auto/auto or 100/full on both ends (switchport and PC NIC).

once done, clear interface on all switchports and check if you still get any errors on switchports.

hope it helps ... rate if it does ....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card