Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Frame Relay with OSPF using 'ip ospf network broadcast'

Hi,

I have the following lab setup:

Frame Relay hub with 2 spokes.

2 PVC's each from the hub to each spoke.

Multipoint sub-interfaces configured (2 at the hub and one at each spoke).

Frame Relay map statements configured at each spoke with 'broadcast'.

ospf network type is 'broadcast'.

For DR/BDR election I have configured the hub with pri 255 and the spokes are default '1'.

On the hub when I 'sh ip ospf ne' one spoke shows up as FULL/DROTHER and the other as FULL/BDR which is correct.

However, when I goto the 'FULL/DROTHER' spoke router and 'sh ip ospf int se 0.100' it claims that it is in the STATE BDR also. I can force the spoke to be DROTHER by setting the priority to 0.

Can anyone confirm that what I am seeing is normal or abnormal. If abnormal I will post configs.

Kind regards,

Phil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Frame Relay with OSPF using 'ip ospf network broadcast'

Hey there. You need to make the spokes DR-ineligible. To do this make sure both spokes have an OSPF priority of 0, and make the hub a non-zero priority (OK to leave as default 1). If possible, clear the OSPF process and you should see the following:

Hub - two OSPF neighbors as DROTHERS

Spoke - one OSPF neighbor (the hub) as DR

Hope this makes sense.

Darren

CCIE#20078

1 REPLY

Re: Frame Relay with OSPF using 'ip ospf network broadcast'

Hey there. You need to make the spokes DR-ineligible. To do this make sure both spokes have an OSPF priority of 0, and make the hub a non-zero priority (OK to leave as default 1). If possible, clear the OSPF process and you should see the following:

Hub - two OSPF neighbors as DROTHERS

Spoke - one OSPF neighbor (the hub) as DR

Hope this makes sense.

Darren

CCIE#20078

Views
Helpful
Replies