Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Freeradius Authentication not working when AP is given a reboot

Dear All, I have been working on this lab. The blue part of the network represents GNS3 emulated part and green part is real part. Following are key components in network.
I am using Centos 7 as Freeradius.
I am using Cisco e4200 with DDWRT as access points. 
I am using Cisco 2950 switch as real switch connected with APs and also connected with GNS3 switches using two NICs.

I am using Cisco layer 3 switches in GNS3 
I have given the IP address of Freeradius in Access Points. It works with authentication, but when I reboot my Access Point the FreeRadius stops the authentication until I access the AP and press the apply settings button in DDWRT in order to start the authentication. Initially I thought its some problem with DDWRT but when I replaced this Cisco 2950 switch with some netgear switch authentication works really very well even If I reboot AP(It means there is no problem with DDWRT). I thought I might have some problem with Cisco 2950 switch I replaced the switch with another Cisco 3500XL series switch but the problem still exists. Authentication works but when I reboot the AP it stops the authentication and at that point I have to access the AP and press "APPLY SETTINGS" button. 
It looks like there is some problem with my Cisco Switch.  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content