Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Gateway

Can a router act with 2 different gateways?

8 REPLIES

Re: Gateway

can u clearify ur question what kind of gateways and what connectivity u want ??

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

A router can have 2 different default route/gateway on its configuration.

With this configuration, it will perform a 'per-session' load balancing towards both gateways.

In other words, a workstation may have a flow going towards gateway A and a different flow going towards gateway B.

HTH,

__

Edison.

hi Edison

really i liked this idea i havnt notced this

Hi Edison,

i have a server that i want to configure with two different pool of IPs with separate gateways, so i want to know if one router can be configured with the two different pool of IPs with separate gateways eg.(10.116.48.0/24 defaultgateway 10.116.48.1 and 10.116.49.0/24 defaultgateway 10.116.49.1)

festus.

it could be achived ethier by a secondary ip address on the router interface or by doing subinterfaces like router-on-stick

thanks

did u get it working ?

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Are you trying to use the router as a DHCP server?

Are these 'pool of IPs' for DHCP ?

If so, yes - you can create different pool of IPs with different gateway/router information.

Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/configuration/guide/iad_dhcp_svr_cfg_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

on information regarding this subject.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Views
Helpful
Replies