Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

GET VPN

Group Encryption Transport VPN is the full name for those who aren;t familiar with it...

I am at a client site -- a high-end financial firm -- that wants to deploy a GET VPN solution as an overlay to an MPLS topology.

Anyway, I am actually looking to get some feedback from people who are familiar with it. At the very least, I would like to get some insight from someone who knows about the qualitative differences between GET VPN and DMVPN and can speak a bit about the optimal deployment scenario(s).

Since this is a relatively new technology, perhaps some of the Cisco CCIEs on here can offer some information. Any input will be appreciated, as usual.

Thank you

Victor

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: GET VPN

In a nutshell, GET provides a scalable tunnel-less transport for unicast/multicast traffic. I highly recommend you review all the Cisco docs on the subject and there are quite a few.

Cisco did a GET presentation at the DFW Users group a while back, including a dynagen/dynamips mockup of a small GET topology. You can get the presentation, topology and router configs from:

http://dfw.cisco-users.org/zips/070606_Group_Encrypted_Transport_VPN.zip

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content