Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

GLBP dual path balancing

I have a site with two MPLS circuits that I am currently loadbalancing via GLBP. The setup is: I have a switch plugged into each og the MPLS routers; MPLS1 = 10.1.1.2, MPLS2 is 10.1.1.3, GLBP is 10.1.1.1, and all of my PCs point to 10.1.1.1. I can see via my monitoring software that the circuits on MPLS1 and 2 are load balanced. I am planning on adding a single firewall to the switch, and re-IPing the network. The addresses listed will all stay the same. The firewall will have an outside IP of 10.1.1.4, and my new internal range will be 10.1.2.0/24 (10.1.1.0 is also /24).

Question: will the firewall only arp for 10.1.1.1 once, and then forward all traffic to that single AVF? If not, then I think I'll be happy and all will work as is does now, just behind a FW. If it will choose one path in this setup, what changes would I need to make to have it still load balance?

Thanks,

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

GLBP dual path balancing

I guess only L3 routing (e.g. EIGRP or OSPF) on FW can help you to keep load-balancing. From the L2 perspective FW will always use single route.

Nik

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content