Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP Issue

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have attached the diagram of the setup as it is and will write a sample of the config on each Vlan. I am running GLBP and seem to get a duplicate IP issue which is puzzling?? All ports are trunked from the two 6500's to the 4948's. The fiber connections from the site A 6500 to the two site B 4948's are fine as they are from the Site B 6500 to the site A 4948's. The problem introduces itself whenever I try to bring up the trunked connections running from the site A or B 6500 to the same site 4948's.

Is there soemthing I'm missing here?

Core Site A

Interface Vlan 23

IP Address 10.50.0.2 255.255.0.0

No IP Redirects

GLBP IP 23 IP 10.50.0.1

GPBP IP 23 Priority 110

GLBP IP 23 Preempt

Core Site B

IP Address 10.50.0.3 255.255.0.0

No IP Redirects

GLBP IP 23 IP 10.50.0.1

GPBP IP 23 Priority 110

GLBP IP 23 Preempt

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

jorgenolla
Level 1
Level 1

You have:

GPBP IP 23 Priority 110

GLBP IP 23 Preempt

In both switches?

I would suggest you change the priority on one of the routers, or remove the Preempt command from one of the switches.

After the switches come online they use their priority to become the master gateway. Because both of the switches have the same priority and the preempt command; this might create a problem in which the gateways are fighting to become the master gateway (AVG).

Best Regards

The priority should be ok, the AVG election will default to the highest IP addressed interface.

The preempt might be a little different.

I's look at some of the show glbp ip 23 type commands and may read up on glbp debugging options.

jorgenolla
Level 1
Level 1

Although the gateway with the higher IP address would be elected to become the active virtual gateway.

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion... The config on the Site B router doesn't have the priority or preempt commands... Just the GLBP config. Is there any reason that I would be getting flapping when the ehter-channeled interfaces from the site A 4948's to the Site A 6500 come up?

I will post the configs of each of the 6500's as I'm sure that will be what is being requested next...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: