Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-EX-SMD for 3750X-48T

BenBen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The gigbit SFP compatibility guide shows GLC-EX-SMD (CPN 10-2624-01 or later only) works with 3750X as shown in the following screenshot. How could I know if the GLC-EX-SMD is CPN 10-2624-01 or later?

How could we identify it when ordering it?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

"CPN" stands for "Cisco Part Number". For example, if a description in the compatibility
matrix says "GLC-EX-SMD (CPN 10-2624-01 or later only)", that means that we only support
that SFP with a CPN number of 10-2624-01 or greater.

CPN stands for 'Cisco Part Number' and can be found on the label of the SFP.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Dont worry much on this.

Make sure you are ordering the part through Cisco or Cisco resealler and not buying it from ebay.

As I cant guaratee the part which comes from Ebay to work.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While creating RMA just mentioned that in Special instruction section.

HTH

regards

Inayath

Leo, thank you for the detailed explanation. It is very clear and I will know how to exam the SFPs at hands. Totally answered my questions.

But how can I gurantee that the new ones I am ordering having a Cisco Part Number 10-2624-01 or later? In CCW, it doesn't showing CPN. Does that mean I need to do a RMA if the part number is not suitable? I just think it will be helpful if Cisco can provide the CPN number in CCW if it matters for compatibility reason.

Anybody has this experience this and got a solution?

Thank you insharie for inputs as well.

Thanks.

If you are ordering using Cisco tools (CCW) it will work regardless of the CPN being there or not.

I have installed many SFPs that haven been ordered through Cisco or Cisco partners and they all pretty much work.

HTH

Dont worry much on this.

Make sure you are ordering the part through Cisco or Cisco resealler and not buying it from ebay.

As I cant guaratee the part which comes from Ebay to work.

HTH

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

"CPN" stands for "Cisco Part Number". For example, if a description in the compatibility
matrix says "GLC-EX-SMD (CPN 10-2624-01 or later only)", that means that we only support
that SFP with a CPN number of 10-2624-01 or greater.

CPN stands for 'Cisco Part Number' and can be found on the label of the SFP.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: