Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-FE-100FX SFP cause 3750 series switch port in to errordisable state

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Experts,

We have Catalyst 3750 Series Switches. All are connected with Single mode fiber cable. But at some of the places yet Multimode fiber cable is there. So we need SFP compatible to 3750 switch.

We had GLC-FE-100FX SFP which is perfectly working on 2960 series switch but on 3750 series switch as I inserted in module the port gose in to error disable state and giving the following error :

%PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: gbic-invalid error detected on Gi2/0/28, putting Gi2/0/28 in err-disable state

Now how can I connect 100BASEFX capable device running on Multimode Fiber cable with 3750 series switches.

Pls help soon.

Deepesh P.

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

This transceiver is not compatible with 3750, see page 112 of this excellent document (u can see some other options).

HTH

Sam

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Deepesh,

see table 7 in the following compatibility matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL632702.html

you need a minimum version of 12.2(20)SE to support it on the C3750

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

Am I missing something here ?

On table 7 I cannot see that 3750 support GLC-FE-100FX (it does support GLC-GE-100FX on IOS u quoted)

Sam

Hello Sam,

you're right thanks for your correction.

I've misread the table.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Sam,

You're right. The Cat3xxx switches supports GLC-GE-100FX.

GLC-FE-100FX are for Cat6500 and others like it.

Cisco has unfortunately created quite a compatibility mess in the FastEthernet fibre SFP area, so we all have to keep our tongue in cheek, when we order SFP's.

Btw, Sam, you mention a document in your first response, but I do not see a link for that document.

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: