Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-LH-SMD orGLC-LH-SM module

pereira41
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to interconnect ws-c2960-24TC-L +2SFP with 1000Base-LH GLC-LH-SMD or GLC-LH-SM to ws-c3750G-12S +12SFP ports .

which model of GLC-LH-SMD or GLC-LH-SM want to select ?

I am going to use fiber cable single mode 1310nm 9/125. Do I need Single Mode Duplex SMD(2 fiber count) or SM (Single Fiber)??

I want to know ws-c3750G-12S +12SFP ports that 12SFP port are SM or SMD use LC connector

cheers

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

which model of GLC-LH-SMD or GLC-LH-SM want to select ?

The price between the 2 is usually the same but  GLC-LH-SMD supports additional option of DOM (Digital Optical Monitoring).  So I use GLC-LH-SMD.

I am going to use fiber cable single mode 1310nm 9/125. Do I need Single Mode Duplex SMD(2 fiber count) or SM (Single Fiber)??

Just use SM.

I want to know ws-c3750G-12S +12SFP ports that 12SFP port are SM or SMD use LC connector

You can use either one.  They both work.

HTH

hi Reza,

So I use GLC-LH-SMD module in ws-c2960-24TC-L, 

if I use SMD  how can I use SM(Single Fiber) cable ,that is one way direction , I think I should use Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count)

can I connect Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count) fiber cable to ws-c3750G-12S???

1)if I use SMD  how can I use SM(Single Fiber) cable ,that is one way direction , I think I should use Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count)

Ans:-

Both the GLC-LH-SM and GLC-LH-SMD transceivers support the IEEE 802.3 1000BASE-LX/LH standard and so are compatible with each other. The difference between the two is that the GLC-LH-SMD transceiver has additional support for Digital Optical Monitoring capability.

2)

Ans:
 100BASE-FX, 1000BASE-SX, -LX/LH, -ZX, -BX10, DWDM and CWDM SFP Transceivers: LC fiber connectors (single-mode or multimodefiber)
 10GBASE-SR, LR, LRM, CX1 (v02 or higher) SFP+ Transceivers: LC fiber connectors (single-mode or multimode fiber)

HTH
Inayath

So I use GLC-LH-SMD module in ws-c2960-24TC-L, 

Correct, use the SMD optics

if I use SMD  how can I use SM(Single Fiber) cable ,that is one way direction , I think I should use Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count)

When I say single mode that refers to the type of fiber not the number of strands you need.  You still need 2 strands (one pair) of fiber.

Yes, you need two strands (one pair).

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card