Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-LH-SMD orGLC-LH-SM module

pereira41
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to interconnect ws-c2960-24TC-L +2SFP with 1000Base-LH GLC-LH-SMD or GLC-LH-SM to ws-c3750G-12S +12SFP ports .

which model of GLC-LH-SMD or GLC-LH-SM want to select ?

I am going to use fiber cable single mode 1310nm 9/125. Do I need Single Mode Duplex SMD(2 fiber count) or SM (Single Fiber)??

I want to know ws-c3750G-12S +12SFP ports that 12SFP port are SM or SMD use LC connector

cheers

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

which model of GLC-LH-SMD or GLC-LH-SM want to select ?

The price between the 2 is usually the same but  GLC-LH-SMD supports additional option of DOM (Digital Optical Monitoring).  So I use GLC-LH-SMD.

I am going to use fiber cable single mode 1310nm 9/125. Do I need Single Mode Duplex SMD(2 fiber count) or SM (Single Fiber)??

Just use SM.

I want to know ws-c3750G-12S +12SFP ports that 12SFP port are SM or SMD use LC connector

You can use either one.  They both work.

HTH

hi Reza,

So I use GLC-LH-SMD module in ws-c2960-24TC-L, 

if I use SMD  how can I use SM(Single Fiber) cable ,that is one way direction , I think I should use Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count)

can I connect Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count) fiber cable to ws-c3750G-12S???

1)if I use SMD  how can I use SM(Single Fiber) cable ,that is one way direction , I think I should use Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count)

Ans:-

Both the GLC-LH-SM and GLC-LH-SMD transceivers support the IEEE 802.3 1000BASE-LX/LH standard and so are compatible with each other. The difference between the two is that the GLC-LH-SMD transceiver has additional support for Digital Optical Monitoring capability.

2)

Ans:
 100BASE-FX, 1000BASE-SX, -LX/LH, -ZX, -BX10, DWDM and CWDM SFP Transceivers: LC fiber connectors (single-mode or multimodefiber)
 10GBASE-SR, LR, LRM, CX1 (v02 or higher) SFP+ Transceivers: LC fiber connectors (single-mode or multimode fiber)

HTH
Inayath

So I use GLC-LH-SMD module in ws-c2960-24TC-L, 

Correct, use the SMD optics

if I use SMD  how can I use SM(Single Fiber) cable ,that is one way direction , I think I should use Single Mode Duplex(2 Fiber count)

When I say single mode that refers to the type of fiber not the number of strands you need.  You still need 2 strands (one pair) of fiber.

Yes, you need two strands (one pair).

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card