cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-SX-MM showing not present in 3750x

ahmad82pkn
Level 2
Level 2

Hi , I hav e a 3750X Cisco Switch (WS-C3750X-48T-S) It is two Ethernet base SFP installed and working fine at slot 1 & 2,

Now i am trying to install GLC-SX-MM in 3rd and 4th slot, but its not coming up, showing not present, any idea why its happening?

Gi1/1/1                      connected    trunk      a-full a-1000 10/100/1000BaseTX SFP

Gi1/1/2                      connected    trunk      a-full a-1000 10/100/1000BaseTX SFP

Gi1/1/3                      notconnect   1000         auto   auto Not Present

Gi1/1/4                      notconnect   1            auto   auto Not Present

image i am using is

C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M

any help would be great, thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to mix and match copper and optical SFPs in that module type.

Have you set 'speed nonegotiate' on interface Gi1/1/3? This is necessary for optical SFPs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you have installed either C3KX-NM-1G (Four GbE port network module) or C3KX-NM-10G (Two 10GbE SFP+ ports network module with four physical ports with two SFP+ and two regular SFP ports) you should be able to use those transceivers.

The GLC-SX-MM is explicitly noted as supported on the 3750-X data sheet and is not footnoted to not work in the SFP+ slots.

There aren't any obvious caveats in the Installation Guide.

Do you get any PHY Message log event when inserting the SFP? Is the SFP verified operable in a different switch?

Hope this helps.

i dont get any log alert, same module works 3560 switch so SFP is good.

yes i am using  C3KX-NM-1G

i doubt if there is any limitation in ipbase license?

Or any limitation, that i will have to use all 4 ports for GLC-SX-MM or GLCT ? because existing two SFP are Copper base.

You should be able to mix and match copper and optical SFPs in that module type.

Have you set 'speed nonegotiate' on interface Gi1/1/3? This is necessary for optical SFPs.

You really saved my life , yes i can see the SFP module now , it worked, thank you very much.

You're welcome - glad it helped.

The reason I knew to suggest that was from having overlooked the same command myself in the past.

Thanks for the rating.

hehe now i can help others in future

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card