Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

GLC-SX-MM= to a Fiber Converter

I have a Catalyst WS-3560G-48TS with a GLC-SX-MM= and my Boss says that it is posible to connect the SFP module with a fiber converter for network link.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bjw Silver
Silver

Re: GLC-SX-MM= to a Fiber Converter

As long as the media type, speed/duplex configuration is the same on both ends. After all it's just a 1000Base-SX MMF link.

3 REPLIES
bjw Silver
Silver

The 3560G-48TS SFP slots only support GLC-SX-MM, -LH-SM, -ZX-SM Fiber transceiver modules.

If you need Cat5/6 RJ45 connections you could connect and access port or trunk a port or two out to your next network device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp105929

What I mean is: it is posible to have network communicaction using my switch with the SFP module at one end and to the other end using a external fiber converter ( Trendnet transceiver).

bjw Silver
Silver

As long as the media type, speed/duplex configuration is the same on both ends. After all it's just a 1000Base-SX MMF link.

Views
Helpful
Replies