Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global vs interface command on switch

Hello, If I have a command globally which applies on all switch ports but then I want to configure one port with a different command not apply the global command on the switch. When i configure that port will it take effect the new command configure for that port and disregard the global command that was apply on all ports or the global command still take effect and interface command not take effect?
3 Replies 3

Hello

usually it is the case but it depends on what command your referring too?

res

pa

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

So you said is usually the case but what are you referring to is it the global command that still take effect or interface command overrides it.  Also what are some commands that it depends on.

Some of the most common commands that are used on a per-interface level (which overrides the global commands) are:  

1.  STP; 

2.  UDLD; 

3.  PoE control; 

4.  Auto Switch Port macro (ASP)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card