Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

good network design

Hi all, If I have 300 users on my lan, all in the same office, what is the best way to ip address and allocate switches to them, I was thinking of 2 class c addresses, and 2 vlans. then I would have 2 distribtion switches, 1 root for 1 vlan, and 1 root fo the other, I would then use distribution switch as the default gatway,I was thinking of using hsrp and making 1 switch active for 1 vlan, and the other active for the other vlan, then linking these 2 cores together via a layer 3 conection for ull redundancy, Does this sound good practice for the complete design ?

1 REPLY

Re: good network design

The plan for two distribution switch is okay, so is the HSRP. For IP Addressing, I suggest to have different VLAN per department and also per service. For example, you will have one VLAN for each;

- Accounting

- Admin

- Purchasing

- IS

- Printers

- Servers

With this, when your network grew or you will implement security in the future, the current network is easy to migrate. And please use private IP Address :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content